1. Functions: All surplus food, recycling (including cardboard) etc to be removed away from the premises immediately after the function.
2. Jumble Sales: All surplus jumble must be removed from the premises immediately after the sale.
3. The room is to be left in a clean and tidy condition; tables cleaned and returned to storeroom; partition re-erected. The room is to be vacated on completion of session – Evening bookings by 11.30 pm.
4. No items are to be affixed in any way to the surface of the hall except on the notice boards provided.
5. Bouncy Castles and Ball Ponds are not permitted..
6. All hirings are at the discretion of the Management Committee.
7. To comply with FIRE REGULATIONS, do not exceed the maximum number of people permitted in the Hall. This maximum number depends upon the type of function and details are posted on the Hall Notice Boards, or can be obtained from the Booking Secretary.
8. INSTRUCTIONS IN THE EVENT OF FIRE are displayed inside the Hall. A responsible person should be nominated for their implementation.
9. All doors must be unbolted, unbarred and kept clear – but not necessarily open – for length of hire.
10. Exit lights must be switched ON. (The switch is situated on the light fitting).
11 Hirers are responsible for safety arrangements and also reminded that they should be conversant with the relevant statutory requirements such as Health and Safety, Food Hygiene Regulations and other relevant requirements, as displayed in the kitchen.
12. NO SMOKING within the building. The Hirers shall, and shall ensure, that the hirer’s invitees comply with the prohibition of smoking in public places. Any person who breaches these provisions shall be asked to leave the premises.
13. Users under the age of 18: a. Are NOT allowed to consume alcohol on the premises; and b. Must be supervised at all times by an adult(s).
14. The hirer shall ensure that there is no disturbances to local inhabitants and is responsible for the conduct of the other users.
15. Please report any damage promptly so that the Committee can, if appropriate, make a claim to the Hall Insurers and make prompt repairs. All damage must be paid for.
16. The sale of alcohol on the premises will require the provision (and is the responsibility of the hirer) of a Temporary Event Notice (T.E.N.) obtainable from B&NES (Tel 01225-396719) or www.culture.gov.uk “alcohol and entertainment” at least 10 working days before the event. If a licence is obtained, a deposit of up to £50 may be required at the discretion of the Management Committee. The Booking Secretary must also be informed of any such application.